Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Open House and New Kitchen

Truman's open house is this Saturday and we have been busy getting ready. In addition to this, we have no kitchen! We are remodeling the entire thing! Life has been a bit complicated, to say the least. What began as a "simple" project to make more room in our kitchen for our burgeoning cooks has now turned into a total overhaul! I am so excited for it to be done--The work is in progress as I write this. Right now, the cabinet for our double oven is going in. It is noisy and messy and my house is a total wreck. Ha! Good thing 4 friends from North Carolina are coming up on Friday for Truman's party. Wonder how I am going to feed them all? LOL! I am taking deep breaths and telling myself that I work best under pressure. Last week, the children and I stayed with my in-laws. This week we are roughing it. Lots of cereal and sandwiches. Tonight we are having sauerkraut and kielbasa in my roaster oven.

If you have not been able to find me on facebook (I think my settings restrict people finding me??) then you can email me and I will send you the details regarding Truman's party. My email is mommamouro@yahoo.com. We are so excited to finally be doing this--it will sort of be like "closure" for me on tragic accident, even though it had a happy ending. Until this point, I was just not ready. Even thinking about planning something made me feel overwhelmed. Now, I am excited and hope to meet and thank so many people who prayed for my little boy. He turns 2 on the 9th of April and Cameron's birthday is this Sunday--the 7th.

We are still managing to get homeschool done--the book part--but I really think that learning the ins and outs of a kitchen remodel is much more interesting to my children right now. They are also so excited for Truman's party and are still processing what a miracle we all experienced with his healing. They have seen the goodness of the Lord and it has changed them forever.


Oh! Forgot to mention that our little Amalie is crawling (in the midst of the debris everywhere!) and pulling up to stand! She is a mover and a shaker, this one. She reminds us very much of Elyse and Semaiah and if you know either of them you will know what I mean when I say that we are bracing ourselves for a very interesting ride with her. Happy babies--all 3, but man they are spitfires! This short story should sum it up: When Elyse was 3, I showed her a large group of deer out our window--maybe 6-7 deer. She looked at them wistfully, sighed and said, "I wish I could ride them."

In Christ, Laura

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Hi Laura,

I stumbled across your blog and feel like I am visiting a long time friend.

I will be back to read more.

~Nicole~ said...

Hi Laura! I hope Truman had a good birthday!

Amazing that Amelia is crawling now and pulling up! Joshua was born a week earlier, but if you remember he was a preemie. However you can barely even tell! He isn't quite pulling up yet but he can stand if holding onto something, and sits really well. He is a rolly-polly...all over the place! It's only a matter of time before he is actually crawling! haha.

I actually found your FB page from somewhere when I was browsing something... lol it was hiding. It was a few months ago. I want to add you. I just hope it wouldn't be awkward seeing how your hubby is my OBGYN :)

~Nicole~ said...

...of course I have texted him pictures of Joshua before so it might be alright LOL.. so thankful he gave us his phone number in case we needed it when I was going through so much back in August. I still have flashbacks.