Saturday, April 14, 2012

BBQ Sauce and an Update.

I usually make my own BBQ sauce. Below is the version I use. My friend, Heather, asked me for the recipe over a year ago and I am just not getting around to posting it. Sorry! This is the sauce I use when I make BBQ chicken pizza, which I made tonight topped with caramelized onions and roasted cauliflower. Must be a weird pregnancy craving. I will let you know how it turns out; it is in the oven baking now. (Update: delicious!)

I have been one busy momma, hence my lack of posting. Cameron says this is the worst he has ever seen my nesting! lol! My goal is to have every room painted before this baby comes--don't ask me why, I know the baby doesn't care. It is just something I feel compelled to do. So . . . I have painted our bedroom, our 1/2 bath, Jonas' room, and I have primed our master bath and Katria, Haven, and Semaiah's room. After that will be the kids' bathroom, our upstairs living room, and the basement, then I will be done! Choosing the color is the HARDEST part! I have SOOOOO many samples and the guys at Sherwin Williams know me, I am not kidding. Now, when I go in there they say, "Didn't work out, huh? What color do you need this time?" So embarrassing, but worth it in order to avoid a color disaster, of which I have had MANY. Don't ask.

Between choosing colors and painting, we are busy working on that baby name. We had 5, then 3. Now, I think it is two, but that could change at any moment.

I have been feeling great, lots of energy, working out every day. I am loving this workout called The Perfect Pregnancy Workout Vol. 1 and I just ordered Vol. 2. It is by these twins who are former Cirque de Soleil acrobats. I wish I had found these dvds with my other pregnancies.

BBQ Sauce

1/2 onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
3 c. ketchup
1/3 c. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. vinegar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 t chili powder

Saute the onion until translucent. Add garlic. Add remaining ingredients and simmer.

That's it! So much flavor and so easy.

In Christ, Laura

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Sure miss your posts but know that being a mom should always come first! (on both sides of the blog world) when is your due date again? The baby #8 with the days left doesn't seem to be working! Can't wait to make the BBQ sauce

Heather Wiegand said...

I can't thank you enough. I'm so touched that you remembered. :) I am looking forward to making BBQ chicken pizza again (I haven't made it in a while because most BBQ sauce is so salty and filled with garbage like HFCS). We made your black bean brownies a few weeks ago - yum!

Tonya said...

Thanks for sharing. I've been in need of a good pregnancy workout video, so I just ordered it! Let us know how you like Vol. 2.

Tonya said...

Thanks for sharing. I've been in need of a good pregnancy workout video, so I just ordered Vol.1! Let us know how you like Vol.2. What do you typically use when you are not pregnant?

Kendra S-L said...

I also really adored those work-outs! I liked how they were tailored to any phase of pregnancy you were in...if only all of my maternity clothes had been made accordingly :)

~Nicole~ said...

Laura- funny you mention the Perfect Pregnancy Workout!! I love that workout, and it definitely is difficult! Although I have been running 3-4 days per week at approximately 15-20 mpw, and usually one spinning day. I love the endurance aspect of running, (ran a 10k on the 15th!) I should do this DVD more often. I usually love Jillian Michaels but I feel like her DVDs might be too difficult but then again maybe not. I'm 16-17 weeks. Sometimes I wonder if my working out is really helping, seeing how the weight keeps adding on..but it has to right? I feel great, so that helps. Sorry I can type forever sometimes. lol