Thursday, March 1, 2012

Another GREAT dinner!

My family prefers this over tacos with meat. It is so healthy, economical and delicious! I have posted this before, but wanted to re-post for those who haven't tried it! All of my children devoured this. It has such great flavor, you won't miss the meat!

Taco Style Lentils and Rice

3/4 c. dry lentils
3/4 c. brown rice
4 c. of homemade chicken stock
2 t. chili powder
1/2 t. cumin
1 t. onion powder
1.4 t. garlic powder
1 can diced tomatoes
1 (4.5 oz.) can green chilies

DOUBLE THIS FOR A LARGE FAMILY! I always double this and we eat the leftovers for lunch the next day.

Cook all on the stove for 45 minutes or until the rice and lentils are tender and the liquid is evaporated. Serve in whole wheat flour tortillas with lettuce, sour cream, salsa, and cheese.

Delcious!

In Christ, Laura

4 comments:

Brenda said...

What an awesome recipe and so healthy. I'll have to try this. We love tacos. I make mine with ground turkey, but I love the idea of using the lentils. I can't wait to try this to see how my family likes it.
Thank you and have a great day,
Brenda

Amanda Aucoin said...

Hi Laura. Just checking friends' blogs to see how they are doing. I started making this recipe last time you posted it and it's become a family favorite! Congrats on upcoming baby girl and hope all the kids feel better soon.
~Amanda Aucoin

Amanda Aucoin said...

Hi Laura. Just checking friends' blogs to see how they are doing. I started making this recipe last time you posted it and it's become a family favorite! Congrats on upcoming baby girl and hope all the kids feel better soon.
~Amanda Aucoin

laura mouro said...

Amanda, I'm so glad you like it! It is good, isn't it? We were planning to come to NC this next week, but aren't able to now. :( We were going to be at FBC this Sunday. I will be sad not to see y'all!