Saturday, October 8, 2011

College Buds = Friends For Life

My friend, Angie, is one of my best friends. We have known each other since our junior year of college at the University of Michigan. We were in the same Bible study. We messed around when we should have been studying. We have laughed so hard we cried. We danced to old school Christian rock (hip hop?) until we couldn't even stand up straight we were laughing so hard. We were in each other's weddings. We have shared so much over the years! Cameron flew her in as a surprise 3 years ago for my birthday. That weekend we had the best time. Between us, we now have 11 kids! Although Angie no longer lives in Michigan, her family does and so I still get to see her when she comes to visit!

This weekend, Angie was in town and we got to spend the day together, back in our college town--good ol' Ann Arbor. We ate chipatis from Pizza House, had an iced mocha at the cafe where Cameron and I first met and worked together, and we topped it off with shakes from Pizza Bobs. We talked and talked and walked until I now have blisters on my feet. It was great! Thanks Angie for a fun day and a walk down memory lane! I miss you already!

In Christ, Laura


No comments: