Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thoughts on Being Pregnant

I am now in the stage of pregnancy in which I really enjoy being pregnant. I know many women are not fond of being pregnant, but I truly am, at least during the second trimester. I am starting to get my energy and appetite back, and my burgeoning belly is not yet cumbersome. I am not yet weary of my maternity clothes (nor am I really wearing them yet) and the gentle kicks of the baby are not a nuisance, waking me from my slumber. Instead, they are sweet, and as I frequently forget that I am pregnant in the midst of daily busyness, they serve as a reminder that there is a precious life growing inside me. I am also not yet plagued with pregnancy's common aches and compliants: sciatic nerve pain, lower back aches, stretching ligaments, and swollen feet. No, for the time being life as a pregnant woman is good. In a few months, I will be eating those words as I start to long for labor more than a child looks foward to Christmas morning! "Bring on the pain, the sleepless nights, the saggy post-partum belly," I will think, just get this baby out of me! What six pregnancies has taught me, however, is to enjoy it because it really doesn't last long and nothing in the world can compare with parterning with God to bring forth a new life, an eternal soul, into the world.

In Christ, Laura

5 comments:

3 for Me! said...

It is such a sweet time:) I'm just glad your enjoying thing special time:)

Leah said...

Laura-
I wholeheartedly agree! Pregnancy is such an amazing, sweet time that quickly passes! It is an amazing gift that God gave to women, and I hope to be able to treasure more pregnancies in the future. Right now, I am trying to treasure my little boy's infant stage and enjoy my little girl's toddler stage. Each moment is precious.

Kami said...

AMEN! God is so good to allow us to be part of the baby growing miracle! I like being pregnant too.

Tami@ourhouse said...

Laura- thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts!

Z' Hodges said...

I'm glad that you're back!

Zinnada<><